1.1 Intalock respects your privacy
If you do not want to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to, however this may affect your use of this website.
1.2 Intalock’s commitment to information security
Intalock takes steps to ensure it meets privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). The purpose of this statement is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This statement applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information in Australia.
Information security is in our DNA.
Our customer’s information is our lifeblood and we will protect it.
Intalock is committed to practicing what we preach to our customers.
Intalock will independently have its security certified annually to an international standard.
Security is everybody’s responsibility.
The Board of Directors of Intalock approves and endorses this policy.
1.3 Intalock’s commitment to privacy
Intalock have policies and procedures that prescribe how we store and handle information, Intalock have implemented physical and technical controls to protect information stored on its infrastructure.
2 Privacy STatement
2.1 What does privacy mean to Intalock?
Privacy is a priority at Intalock.
Intalock provides a wide range of products and services and to do this we need to collect, store and use a broad range of information.
Intalock is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals, keeping your information safe and ensuring the security of customer and staff data.
2.2 Types of Personal Information we collect
Intalock and its representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of providing services to customers. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- identity data (including your name and username or similar identifier);
- contact data (including your contact details such as your contact information: Name, address, telephone number, email address, billing and delivery address, and other contact information;
- transaction data (including details financial information: Bank name, billing address; transaction, purchase and payments history to and from you with Intalock and other details of products you have purchased from us);
- technical data (including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website);
- profile data (including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- usage data, information and history (including information about how you use our website, products and services);
- Usernames and passwords, IP address, support ticket history
- Hardware model, operating system version, unique device and service identifiers, device status, serial numbers, settings, configuration and software and mobile network information.
- Network usage including time and duration of customer communications as well as information about the operation of any equipment, services and applications in use on customer networks
- How equipment at customer sites accesses the Internet, such as information about websites visited.
- The geographical location of any devices in use on Intalock customer networks.
- marketing and communications data (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
- Such other information we may collect with consent or as permitted or required by law.
If you are a customer and would like to deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym, feel free to do so.
2.3 How We Collect Personal Information
We collect this information from you when you make an enquiry with us (for example, by telephone or email), purchase a service or product from us, sign up for a service via our website or submit a contact enquiry on our website, etc.
We are committed to using lawful and fair means to collect personal information and collecting it from others only when it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain certain information from you directly. We collect personal information about you from:
- Searches and enquiries
- Your use of our website
We will destroy or de-identify information where we form the opinion that the information has been provided to us unlawfully or unfairly.
2.4 Why we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information
Intalock generally uses personal information for the following purposes:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information as is reasonably necessary for us to perform our core functions and activities, including for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- to provide goods and/or services to you
- to maintain a database of customers, subscribers or similar
- to market to you and others, including remarketing (this may involve the use of a Facebook pixel or similar technology to allow us to display our advertising to you elsewhere on the internet, for example, on Google or Facebook)
- for internal record keeping
- for billing purposes, including managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
- for general administrative purposes and to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements;
- for statistical and customer relations purposes, we may contact customers to ensure their satisfaction with our services; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
We will not use or disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing unless you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that purpose.
Your personal information may be disclosed to international recipients Australia and the Philippines as part of our ordinary business functions.
Please note that we will not disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
2.5 Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Intalock discloses personal information only as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, processing and security requirements, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
In addition to the above, personal information may be disclosed to our affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
In no event will Intalock disclose any personal information about any customer to any third party without the customer’s express written consent. Intalock has taken security measures to ensure customer information is protected against loss, alteration or misuse. These measures include strong encryption and secure protocols, such as SSL, when transmitting private information over the Internet.
Service Providers. Personal information, NOT including financial information, may also be transferred to third party agents or service providers we engage to provide technical support on our behalf. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information that may be collected, used, disclosed or otherwise processed by these service providers on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than as directed by Intalock, subject to legal requirements in foreign jurisdictions applicable to those organisations, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
Business Transactions. Personal information may be used by Intalock and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitisation, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Intalock or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include:
- permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction
- fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to those parties
- permitting the use and disclosure of your personal information by those parties (for example, assignees) for substantially the same purposes as described in this privacy statement.
2.7 Links to Other Sites
2.8 Your Consent
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any. Consent may be given by your authorised representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney). Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this privacy statement, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
Intalock collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
2.9 How you can access and correct your Personal Information
Access: You can request details of personal information that we hold about you. We will respond to any request to access information within a reasonable time.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details set out below. We rely in part on you advising us when your personal information changes. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and to notify you of the correction, unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
Deletion: If you want us to delete personal information we hold about you or to not collect information from you for a specific purpose, such as targeted advertising, please contact us using the details set out below. Please note that if we agree to delete your information, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without retaining some residual information. We will functionally delete the information and we will not sell, transfer, or use personal information relating to you in any way moving forward.
We will respond to any request to access, correct or delete information within a reasonable time.
2.10 How we maintain the security of your Information
We protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorised employees and agents of Intalock who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We undertake the following precautions to protect personal information we hold:
- our website contains pages encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure the safety of any data that is submitted through use of this website
- we limit access to personal information to a “need-to-know” basis
- we protect devices we use to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information with industry-standard anti-virus software
- our devices are protected by password and are stored in secure premises
- data is securely stored on cloud servers
- our email data is encrypted
- all hard copies of personal information are kept in secure storage with access by authorised personnel only
- all conversations involving the discussion of personal information take place in private, where conversations are unable to be overheard by unauthorised personnel
- if we no longer need personal information, we take reasonable steps to delete or de-identify the information
While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure website and business, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to you for any such occurrences. If a data breach occurs involving your personal information and the breach is likely to cause harm to you, we will notify you as soon as possible after the occurrence in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and related.
2.11 How you can make a complaint about privacy breach
2.12 How you can unsubscribe or opt out
We like to keep our customers and website visitors up to date, so from time to time we’ll send you newsletters, invitations and updates. Not to worry: our emails will always come with an “Unsubscribe” button, so you can opt out at any time. To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, use the “Unsubscribe” button in our communication or contact us using the details set out below.
You can also opt out of information collecting for advertising targeting by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
2.13 Changes to this policy
2.14 Contact details
For any questions or notice, please contact us using these details:
CEO, Intalock –